Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shadach and being cast into the fire




Shadrach in all his glory.  His partners Meshach and Abednego have not shown up yet, at church, but we expect them someday as he assured me they would come.  The missionaries asked why does this young boy come to Church.  He is not a member but he loves the missionaries and he loves the feeling when he is at church. He comes to Sacrament meeting and sits between Sister Wall and myself.  He looks at the bible pictures and can tell you the story of each. I told the Elders he can feel where he is comfortable and some day he will want to become a member.   He is currently 10 years old, as near as we can understand.  Someone gave him a tie this week and he was in seventh heaven.  He wears a long sleeve yellow shirt and some sweat pants. He loves to play with the keys to the truck as it tweets when it is locked or unlocked with the key fob.  He is a sweet boy looking to belong and I can not think of a better place for him to belong than the Lords kingdom on earth, hearing the stories of Jesus found in the Bible and Book of Mormon.   



This week Heidi was called as the advisory to the primary while I was asked to serve as an adviser to the Young Men's presidency.  I would like to think that if I lived in Book of Mormon times I would have served with the Sons of Heleman.  Our goal is to create activities that allow the young men to have experiences that strengthen their testimonies increase their faith in the Messiah and build their conversion.

Today we had an experience we never want again.  We were driving back to the office from the local office supply store called Kingdom Books.  As we were traveling the mirror on the passenger side of the car slammed against the window and shattered. Heidi put her head down and said we just hit someone.  I was driving at a slow speed and being very careful as people are always on the street, walking or darting in front of us.  With that I stopped and a man came up to the side window and said I need to go to the hospital, let me in the truck, I of course did so.  But in preparing to leave a taxi pulled in front of me and motioned for me to stop, we thought we were in big trouble.  But the taxi driver got out of his cab and told the man to get out of our truck, stating that the man in the back seat hit our mirror.  About that time another pedestrian came along and told him to get out and us to leave.  They had seen the entire incident and were not going to allow him to get away with such shenanigans.  Thank heavens for the taxi driver and the other man.  I will now try to be more generous to the drivers as they make 3 lanes out of 1 and crowd in and block me and anyone else out, they can.  We are grateful to the Lord for his watching care and your prayers, I am sure we have been saved several times from unpleasant if not major problems by His tender mercies.  We did however miss Elder Bednar and Clayton's investigator devotional tonight as we waited for the mechanic to repair our side view mirror.  I did not dare drive the truck with a shell on it without a side mirror.  How grateful I am to our area fleet manager Kofi, and traveling mechanic for their quick response.  You see here you can not go to the Nissan dealer and get a new mirror, for if you do you have to buy the entire housing at a very high cost. So the mechanic went to a local shop, along side the road, and had a mirror made, mounted in the housing, then re-installed the entire housing on the truck. He carries all his tools in a back-pack, and travels by tro-tro.  It is amazing what these souls can do with very little resources.  Please know we are grateful for your prayers and the Lord's tender care.        

No comments:

Post a Comment